In our never-ending pursuit to offer the highest quality product, we are continuously raising the bar. We are announcing changes in our balsamic vinegar, which necessitates explanations in new nutritional regulations.
What is staying the same
- Great Fun Flavors
- Verifiable Color-free
- Authentic balsamic vinegar made exclusively in Modena Italy
- Time preserved process of hand craftsmanship artisan product
- Lab tested
What has changed
- Nutritional panel information has changed
- Higher proportion of barrel aged, kettle-cooked grape must
- Increase in total carbohydrates
- Our UP Traditional style balsamic is now comprised of over 97% cooked barrel aged grape must
- Higher amount of grape solids in a our product
- These solids also include the natural fruit sugar which originates solely from grapes
- Changes Equates to more calories
- Much higher concentrations of natural phenols
Why this is good?
- We know that naturally fermented products such as balsamic vinegar have long been touted as health promoting due to their pro-biotic nature but now we also intend to better understand the health implications associated with consuming phenols in balsamic.
- This is an exciting development as our products have the highest amount of grape solids measured of any other balsamic product available.
- Educating us to the properties to be better consumers that avoid products which are poorly made, watered down, or doctored.
Please view the individual product descriptions in the vinegar section of this website for the specific nutritional information, or contact our Fort Wayne location.